Tomorrow (August 19) is Taylor’s 16th birthday. In honor of my little sister’s Sweet Sixteen, I’m asking my readers to do at least one of the following:
- Leave a birthday message for Taylor in the comments below; I’ll share each one with her.
- Tell at least one person about Batten disease (learn more here).
- Like Taylor’s Tale on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- Wear something purple on Tuesday. Tell friends why you’re wearing purple (the color for Taylor’s Tale) and post a photo on social media with a link to this blog.
- Make a gift to Taylor’s Tale to support our efforts on behalf of millions like Taylor fighting a rare disease. All gifts are 100 percent tax-deductible. Donate here.
- Go for a run and dedicate your miles to Taylor, who once ran two 5K races after losing her vision to Batten disease (her courage inspired me to run a half marathon blindfolded last year, and I just kicked off a quest to run a race in all 50 states). Share a post about your run for Taylor in the comments below and on social media.
Happy early birthday to the best sister in the world. I love you, T!